Friday, September 29th is a half day of school, and MJHS students will be dismissed at 11:15 a.m.
Meridian Junior High School
Welcome to the website for Meridian Jr. High School, a comprehensive public school serving grades five through eight. As part of Meridian Public Schools, we proudly serve the communities of Sanford, Edenville, and Hope Michigan. Use the links in the menu on the right to navigate the contents of our site.
- Annual Reports
- Daily Announcements
- ECHO Login
- MJHS Athletics
- New Students
- Parent Loop/Parking Lot Safety
- Safety Drill Record
- Student Handbook
- Supply Lists
- Texting Updates
We invite you to browse our website and to call us to learn about the programs we offer.
MJHS Phone: 989.687.3360
If you are interested in enrolling your student at Meridian Jr. High School but are not a resident, please call our administration building for schools of choice information at 989.687.3200.
For your convenience, you may view or download and print several of the school's enrollment forms below.
- Enrollment Form
- Request for Records
- Transportation Request
- Chicken Pox Verification Sheet
- Residency Verification
Additional Information Needed for Enrollment
- Two Proofs of Residency
- Original Birth Certificate
- Shot Records
Parent Loop / Parking Lot Safety
To avoid bus traffic, MJHS parents have an area to drop off students before school starts and pick up students at the end of the school day. The Parent Loop is located on the east side of the building.
- Students can be dropped off at the south/east doors between 7:40 a.m. and 7:55 a.m. Students dropped off after 7:55 a.m. will need to enter MJHS at the main entrance.
- Parents picking up students at the end of the school day can line up around the loop to wait for their child to be dismissed at 2:55 p.m.
- Parents picking up students prior to the end of the school day will have to sign their child out in the main office. Please note that visitor cars need to be removed from the parking lot in front of the main entrance before 2:50 p.m. due to the lining up of buses.
- Parents picking up both elementary and middle school students are still welcome to park in the administration or elementary parking lots. While the buses are lined up for dismissal, middle school students getting picked up in either of these parking lots will be allowed to walk in the cross-walk behind the last bus to reach their parents as safely as possible.
- If you remember one thing, parents, please DO NOT drive by the buses when they are lined up in front of MJHS.
- At the end of the school day, students are expected to get on the bus at MJHS unless being picked up by a parent. Students should NOT walk from MJHS to the elementary to catch their bus.
Finally, please be patient and drive slowly whenever you are on campus.